3560 W Lake Sammamish Pkwy SE
Bellevue, WA 98008
Instead of our regular meeting, the IIG will attend this event with an internationally recognized expert on historic photograph identification, photo preservation and family history research. The event is presented by the Eastside Genealogical Society.
1) Doors open at 9am because we are expecting a crowd & everyone has to be checked-in. ( Did they register & if not, must pay $25.)
2) Also EGS Members have FREE admission if they register on the special EGS website before Sept 1st. Non-members have a choice: pay $25 or join EGS for $20 & attend free plus it support EGS General mtg speakers, book purchases, etc. Sept 1st & later everyone pay $25 for admission. (We don’t want IIG members drive there on 9-15 to discover it’s NOT free. )
Private consultations available afterward by arranging through Maureen’s website.
- Identifying and Dating Family Photographs – Audiences love this interactive lecture on discovering who’s who in their family pictures. They’ll learn 10 easy steps for naming those unidentified pictures tucked away in shoe boxes.
- Google Images and Beyond – Add new photographs to your family album by learning a few basic search techniques. A single photo can connect you to new genealogical data and a network of information.
- Discovering Genealogical Clues in 19th-Century Photographs – A single photograph can unlock a family mystery. The details are in the photographic clues. Pictures document births, deaths, marriages, and more. Use an image as genealogical proof by understanding the language of family photographs.